WHY NOT ADD A LITTLE SEOUL INTO YOUR NITE LIFE..

ANNYEONGHASEYO..

I am sure many of us have now been to Korea, be it Seoul, Busan or even Jeju Island. We are very expose to the Korean culture, thanks to AirAsia we are able to travel there and also there are many info and dramas now available on Astro.

We too know that Koreans love their food and also are very keen drinkers, be it a lady or a men. Seeing all the drinking restaurants in Korea where they serve fried chicken, beer, soju and the flavoured rice wine makkoli.

Recently, I was introduced by a very very good and drinking buddy of mine about a Korean restaurant in SS15 Subang Jaya called Seoul Pocha, as I asked myself is its going to be another BBQ restaurant? Anyway I drove over ( I still stay in Sunway BTW) and to my surprise its not what it seems to be.. its a Korean Drinking Bistro.. meaning the food that they serve goes well with beer, soju and makkoli.

The beer came to our table before we made our food orders as I needed some drinks as I was thirsty and needed some time to see what were  their house specialty.. oh YES!!! the beer is the cheapest in Klang Valley at the moment RM45 for a bucket of 5 bottles of Carlsberg. I felt like I was in Seoul as many of the tables were seated with Korean.. mostly beautiful single Korean girls and some Oppa around.


We started with a hot pot spicy soup with vermicelli, fish ball, dried tou foo, mushrooms, beancurd skin, eggs and loads of veggies, the stock was super rich and tasty for it to compliment all the ingredients that is to be cooked in it.
SPICY FISHBALL SOUP IN HOT POT

As the night when on more food were ordered, not to forget the famous Korean snack Ttoekbokki, I kind of not so keen on Tteokbokki as I am not really a fan of rice cakes but the way the head chef made it.. i didn't mind going for another helping.. and yes the chef is from Korea.


TTOEKBOKKI


Seafood pancake, Kimchi Pancake, if you like you pancakes thin and crispy.. this is the place you should come.. you will not taste the flour but only the ingredients.. I prefer the Kimchi pancakes more as I love my food spicy.


KIMCHI PANCAKE
SEAFOOD PANCAKE





















I have always been a sucker for Steam Dumplings, and for sure the chef didn't fail me. The skin was thin with overstuffed mince pork inside.. YUMZZZZZZZ!!!

STEAM PORK DUMPLING 



After another few more buckets of Carlsberg and Soju bombs.. the owner (Mr Jeong) recommended that we should have some food as its not good just to drink Soju with empty stomach.. we ordered some helping of Pork Belly Bulgogi, Grilled mix platter and Tamagoyaki. The pork belly was well marinated and goes very well with beers and the more you eat the more you you want.
PORK BELLY BOLGOGI

TAMAGOYAKI

CHEAPEST BEER IN TOWN



I found that the Grilled Platter was well grilled, the octopus, squid and prawns was cooked to perfection, chicken wings was juicy and the vegetables was still crunchy.. will definitely go more with the octopus..

GRILL PLATTER

Just before we called it the night we ordered what the Koreans themselves loves, the Jajangmyeon, its ramen with black bean sauce. I must say it was a very warming food for your tummy after all the beers, soju and makkoli that had been consumed.



JAJANGMYEON

Mr Jeong told us that the Bistro opens from 5pm- 2am daily.. and the crowd mostly come in about 830pm onwards and the crowd builts up as the night goes..

I had a great night with good food and of course good company.. you be surprise.. you might get lucky and you might be learning some Korean words or even singing some K-Pop song with some of the Korean patrons when you are there..

Adress: SEOUL POCHA,
             26(Ground Floor), Jalan SS15/8B,
             47500 Subang Jaya 47500 Subang Jaya,
             Selangor, Malaysia 47500 Subang Jaya
             TEL : 019-278 6949
Its just behind Public Bank, near the wet market.

GOD BEOBGESSSEUBNIDA.












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thinking of beautiful hair.. try this..

Why All The Knives???

Hair trends for 2010