My Boracay Exprience


Wow.. can't imagined that the last I blogged was 3 years ago.. this is 1 of my 3 travels I did this year within 2 months (March -May) and I just need to let it out..

I know many would say this "What happens in Boracay, stays in Boracays", but I just need to write this... I was there 2 months ago with all my lovely colleagues from Shawn Cutler (31 of us in total) for a company trip. Am not complaining about that... (free holiday). No doubt that the island has beautiful long beaches, clear blue waters, not too bad seafood and entertainments. It always good for a party animal like myself to enjoy the beautiful sights... Sun, Sea, Sexy girls in bikinis and all that comes with it.. I am not complaining...

The trip started at 7am where I needed to meet up with some colleagues at Sentral to take the KLIA express to KLIA2, its was as normal routine as we have to be at the airport 3 hours before the flight's departure. I must say KLIA2 is huge and needed to walk quite a bit to get to the counters. Anyway all went well as we boarded the plane & left KLIA2 on time.


All were so excited as we landed at Kalibo "International" Airport after 3 & the half hours of flight.. no surprise to me the airport is small and had to walk to the terminal.. and from then on the nightmare started.. there was only 6 person working in this International Airport (2 immigration officers, 2 person working at the baggage conveyor & 2 custom officers). There was a short que at the Immigration but right after that it was crazy madness ciaos, there was no que lines towards the customs and with 4 International flights landed at the same time you can imagine how many people were trying to get out of the airport. To my amazement, the custom officers still wanted to check all passenger's luggage before they are allowed to go out. We were stuck there for 1 & a half hours.


The small Kalibo International Airport


Road trip on the bus to Cataclan Jetty




Cataclan Jetty.










The ferry that will bring us to Boracay


 Next was another 1 hour 45 mins bus trip to the jetty at Caticlan, and a 25 mins ferry across to the island. In all we have traveled 13 hours before we were able to check in to the hotel (La Carmela de Boracay Station 2). There another nightmare awaited us, after all the registering was done, we were asked to put a deposit and the biggest joke was the hotel DOES NOT take credit cards... CASH only basis. I think my jaw fell like 1 foot from my face when I heard that.. it was not funny at all...





It was sunset by the time we reached Boracay



Next was dinner at the beach front and for 31 of us, we just wanted to eat and let the party begin, its time to let our hair down and let loose (get drunk and forget about the nightmare that we went thru).
We ate and we drank lots of the local beer call Red Horse.. and it was bill time as most of us wanted to see other things and party at different bars... and of course... the restaurant we went to for dinner is CASH ONLY!!!! Christ!!! How on earth are we going to survive this as all establishments do not take Credit Cards!!! Not fun at all!!!! Luckily we were able to pull our resources together and had enough cash to get thru 4 days of pure fun!!!





Had a goodnight sleep and had forgotten about the trouble we went thru after we saw this in the morning.
Let the party begin!!!




Waking up in the morning to a perfect picture of paradise


The Real Coffee Place.. a must if you are a coffee person..

De Tallippapan Seafod Market where is heaven for all food lovers

Lobster at its best..
Sea Urchin for those who love something different




The usual bog prawns and crabs..










Sun set scene on a Catalan cruise








Its never short of nice & beautiful scenarios.. say Hi! to my beautiful Korean friend Soyoung..



On my way for some Sun, Sea &









I would advise anyone that is about to embark for this island please please do remember to bring extra cash and also stay at lease a week there as the journey takes too long and 1 last reminder.. you need to save 500 peso (each) for departure as there is an exit tax when you leave Boracay. Oh yah... you need to give tips most of the time so do have some loose change in hand when you arrive at the jetty..

For me I will only be back when the new airport at Caticlan is ready in 2 years time.. I know it might be more expensive then but its worth the wait as I don't think I want to go thru the 13 hours of train, plane, bus and boat for the time being. Anyway we had an awesome time there, thanks to the generosity of Shawn Cutler Group of Salons.

MABUHAY!!!
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thinking of beautiful hair.. try this..

Why All The Knives???

Hair trends for 2010